Monday, March 22, 2010

Anger

Today as I listened to the army unloading water and a constant backup alarm from their big machine, The helicopter took off right out side my window and I had to realise that those are sounds that I am getting very used to. The sounds that I heard today that I did not like were the sounds of boys who need something to do besides stand on the road outside our clinic and call out bad words at us. Also the women who gathered at the gate today demanding water. The well is just down the road and all the water that anyone needs is there but they wanted the water bottles that the army is delivering as the army gets ready to leave the country. They are leaving us enough bottled water to fill 3 small swimming pools.
last night as Friendship
(another Christian group here with from 25 to 16 year old
_went out to get their things off the ship. They had 2 different groups of men jump on their truck and try to take pallet off the truck. They did manage to get one pallet and part of another one. They thought that they got rice and they steal frying pans.
I did have a wonderful talk with a missionary to day who has a flannel graph ministry here in the country that the Haitians are running and are spreading the gospel stories all over the country. It was neat to see and hear about how
God works.
Today we treated one burn and many wounds. We sorted medicine and clothing. We shared some of our abundance with the Haitian academy across the road. They came to help when the earthquake happened.
We are meeting many wonderful people that God is using,
Glen went to Port a Prince today. He is starting to teach a man how to be a mechanic, We took several rides on the 4 wheeler.
I need to quit as I am being ate alive by the misquitos. Good Night

1 comment:

  1. Sounds kind of scary to me...interesting though how we get used to sounds and stop noticing them. Praying for you every day.

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete