Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sunday Night

We had just started Bible study when we had a phone call asking us to come and help with the wounded from a truck accident. The brakes had failed coming down the mountains and we had 28 wounded patients. We jumped in the car, gathered a Dr and two more nurses and drove 5 minutes to Mission of hope. We both had memories going over. I had memories of the little boy that we took over who died. Sheryl had memories when we arrived of the earthquake. It was a big porch area full of stretchers and bloody people. I started on a girl that was in shock. Then was called to ride in the Ambulance. I jumped in the back and had 2 patients. We did alot of praying on the ride to PAP. I helped with things to settle the patients at the Miami field hospital and realized that the ambulance had left me. So I waited for the next one. This time I ran the lights, sirens, and the horn as we traved in the dark in the Haiti traffic. SCary. Back to MOH and I started to help again when they needed another nurse to go with Ambulance so Back again. This all with my stomach protesting from being car sick.
We met another ambulance and traded people and I headed back to MOH.
We were able to go home. Glen met me at the door with a coke and a listening ear,
Praise the Lord all the Americans were flown to the states the next day, Praise the Lord that they are not all dead from going over the mountain. Praise the Lord for helping me thru the situation.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Linda,
    I told this story to my Uncle Kevin and he said, "Maybe its time for them to come home now." My Mom pipped up that it is almost time for you to come home! Our prayers are with you always. Glad you were able to help in the situation, and I'm glad Glen was there to support you and help you process when it was over. Love you bricks and tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how God puts us where we need to be and gives the strengh to do what He needs done. I can remember a Mom who was stuck in bed only able to read books. I can remember a mom who was ridding a cart around the hospital because she was not capable of walking. Today you helped those who could not walk or take care of themselves. What a transformation. It is to bad that they did not have Corn Nuts in the ambulance or it probably would have went better. ;)

    ReplyDelete