Monday, August 29, 2011

Emso

On our first trip to Haiti we were putting a roof on a house in Titianyen. I met a young boy in the village. I played with him and he played with me. We did thumb wars and other simple games and we had a great time together. That night I was speaking with Tim Kendal the G.O. missionary about this little boy and that I had really not done much with him except show him some attention. Tim expained to me that a lot of the young boys and girls do not get attention,let alone love. He showed up everywhere that we were that week. When we came back in 2010 he was here again and I was so glad to find him because of the earthquake. He was living in a tent. We would share time again together even if we could not talk to each other. He was friends with the boy who died so he did not talk or come around me for awhile . When the village started being friendly He showed up again. I have carried a picture of him since I was here the first time. He and other little boys like him were very instumental in why I'm here. One of my goals when coming here was to see that he was in school. They do not have public school and each family must pay about $200
USD to out their child in school
Well it has taken almost 2 years but this morning we met with Him and his dad. He will be agle to go back to school. He missed last year as he did not have money, This is a huge praise the Lord for me and him. He will have a chance in life because of a chance meeting with a man he did not know. God works in such amazing ways. He knows the hairs on our head and He has a plan. We just have to listen and follow thru with what God is saying and showing us to do.
Following the meeting I said to Linda I know that Dad from somewhere. He looked like the little boy who died dad. Yes he is that Dad. A lot of things make sense now. We are truly amazed at what God is doing in our lives. Sadness in a family but great joy also. I will have to spend some time alone to understand all this an maybe it is not for me to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment